Our mission is to empower children to become confident and proficient readers through a structured, systematic, multi sensory program that is individualised to meet the needs and learning profile of each child.
We aim at making tutoring accessible to students despite geographical limitations or shortages of qualified interventionists. We are passionate about making a difference in the lives of children who struggle with reading so they can develop a stronger confidence in themselves and their interest in reading.
- Reduce stigma and encourage those with dyslexia to seek help, through education and awareness
- Allow the student to build a confidence that no matter what he/she can succeed
- Provide equitable access to evidence-based service, support, advice and advocacy
- To give a chance to students to prove themselves
- Use and adapt to advances in technology
- Develop strong strategic partnerships with schools and education providers
- To help the parents cope with the difficulty in the most suitable and appropriate way
FOR PARENTS BY A PARENT
This center was started by a parent for parents. As a mother of 3 children, one of whom is dyslexic, Rehab Shahbal created the DYStinct Learners as a result of the struggle faced by her to find the right support throughout her son’s journey. This included challenges faced in getting the right diagnosis, remediation and intervention which proved to be time consuming and limited.
Having gone through this struggle and continuing on this journey, she decided to:
- To help kids overcome their learning difficulties with proper intervention and encouragement to pursue their areas of strength.
- to create a platform to increase awareness and support to parents and educators
Meet Our Team
We always joke that our ideal tutor is just a really smart clown.
Our tutors speak "kid" fluently, know how to make the hard stuff fun, and are trained in research verified methods that work for students who have struggled in other settings.
Rehab is the founder and CEO of DYStinct Learners. A mother of 3 children,...
Lisa has taught reading for over half her life. With a degree in philosophy...
Shameem is a distinguished UK Certified Professional Quality Assured SpLD Study Skills Specialist with...